Sorry, my mistake. I know it was some  kind of linux. Maybe it was something
else.  It was, geez, a couple of decades ago, lol.
al

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:36 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] DosBox questions

Hi Al,

Red Hat is a specific distribution or brand of Linux mainly designed for
large scale businesses and corporate servers and such. Its not actually all
that accessible, or necessarily appropriate for a home user. Something like
Ubuntu 12.04.2 or Vinux 4.0 is more appropriate for a home user. I currently
use Ubuntu 12.04.2 with Dosemu for playing Dos games like Wrestling League
Simulator, Piledriver, Any Night Football, etc.

As far as the Windows Command Prompt it is simply a window that allows you
to interact with the Windows 7 command line. You can run some Dos, AKA
console,  applications in it, but only if you have a 32-bit version of
Windows. The 64-bit version of Windows 7 will not run 16-bit Dos apps. Only
32-bit and 64-bit console programs. So a lot depends on your processor and
version of Windows.