I don't think it is fair to have ordered anything not got it then spend more cash to get a program you hadn't got in the first place. I'd rather crack it or bale alltogether on it if a dev decided to charge for this.
We are still living with the curse of the overdue preorder <sigh>
I'd preorder stuff just before it would come out maybe but still.
In this case though I think that unless tom bales on everyone and gives them the cash, he will just have to absorb the cost after all its not the customer's fault all the stuff happened ages ago. Its an utter bastard I know, but its the way it is and we learned a lot of lessons since that drama so it was probably worth the trouble at least I'd like to think so. But I know what it feels like, there was a sertain game made by a sertain person I tested and got for free because I helped testing it. I didn't pay for it and so I am not to angry if I had to buy the game again since I never brought it in the first place. However because of modern systems and other licence issues I can't play the game. And I could potentually start a flame war at the person in question but I never payed for it and so I won't. However if I payed for it I would have got my cash back and flamed my way off this list or just flamed so yeah I know. on a side note it appears that anyone will preorder for as little as bragging rights. A cousin of mine is getting games with the xbox 1 as a preordered pack just to have the bragging rights to getting them