Hi Tom.

As far as I remember, the nvda plugin is supposed to auto read incoming text, though I don't know too much about how it works, it was just a suggestion from one of our more responsable forum members that I include the link on the page.

Then again I've noticed myself people seem less familiar with virtual curser use in Nvda than in some other screen readers, (heck we had a question about nvda and smugglers 5 yet again on the forum the other day), so people might feel they need auto reading even if in effect Nvda does have the capability to live without it.

Regarding filfre vs winfrotz, as far as I can determine your right, it's a question of screen reader compatibility. With Supernova, while filfre is usable, winfrotz is just a better alternative since it has a far less cluttered interface to read, just as winglulx is better than filfre for glulx format games.

With Jaws I am told the opposite is true, but hay, that's why it's good both interpreters are being maintained since people can choose to use wichever works best for their screen reader.

The only miner problem i believe is Filfre not running older infocom type files, though I believe that function is being added to the program, unless it has been already.

All the best,