One of the games I still miss was based on the monopoly concept.
You were trying to become the presidant of a company.
if you failed you would become the cleaner.
It was visual but I got materials and designed a board with cardboard and foil and with some braille dice and cards and some monopoly tokens was able to play. The game was called ulsas but I never played it more than twice before things got hectic. To be honest, I played all my games before 2000, before 1995 for 5 years I had almost no pc and then only a 386.
in 1996 I got a pc but still was able to play.
after 2002 or there abouts that got less till now.
I have an xp system and a win7 system.
everyone has tablets and phones.
I think if there was a way to turn off all devices and the net I'd do it again.
But there is email, social network, online games and sometimes I find myself just happily mucking round on youtube or slothing round on the pc when I know I shouldn't. I have tried to keep my reading alive but the scary thing is I could happily stop reading braille in fact stop doing everything I used to do when taught how to be blind to use the net.
It may actually happen with others.
Family that used to have time to play afterwork are so tired after looking at a screen all day they want to blob.Ofcause computer games are ofcause more superior than the crappy board ones, yet I still miss it. When the only thing you could hear would be the weather outside, when all you did in the next hour or less was get another coffee.
That doesn't happen so much.
And sadly a lot born into this age of consoles and other things may never play a game in their lives.
I know, my cousins were born into the borg universe.
They adapted a lot.
They have played a few ugio games and some monopoly but most of it is simply the computer. They would probably play all night and day if they were not told to get off their consoles. Its why I made an effort to stay off social networks but much as I have tried, most of what I do is to be online all day and all night. Something new always comes up and when there isn't I end up mucking round chewing bandwidth listening to stupid vids, but not being able to get off again really. Some days like today the net calms down enough for me to think of times gone by.