Hi all.
I have been interested in discussions about Mac vs Windows and iPhone
vs Android for quality and quantity of games. I have been meaning to
contact the list for a while with this game and a question.
Star Tradors is a game where you take command of a space craft and
crew and have to complete contracts for various factions often against
each other. The game involves resource management, exploration of the
galaxy, and balancing the feelings of various warring factions towards
you. It seems to be a very deep game with a lot to do and good
replayability as you can play as a number of charactor types with
varying advantages and disadvantages such as bounty hunter, merchant
and pirate. Also you can choose different ships with different
charactoristics making each game different.
However the game has been made accessible on android but not on
iPhone. A friend of mine who is an android user was in contact with
the developer to help make it accessible so I have followed his lead
by contacting them about the iPhone version hoping that it would be
relatively simple to port code over or make similar changes to the
iPhone version to make it similarly accessible.
The developer seemed positive on initial communication but has been
quiet over the last 3 months since I contacted him. So I emailed him
again yesterday and got a quick reply, as I always have from him, but
not saying much other than that he is working on it.
The thing I found very interesting about the whole thing is that he
said they focus on their android version of the game as their android
sales far outweigh their iPhone sales. I told him that if the game
became accessible I would imagine he would see a reasonably large
influx of purchases by blind iPhone users as we are always looking for
good deep iPhone games that are accessible.
I was therefore wondering if any other iPhone users would drop him an
eMail to enquire about the possibility of making the iPhone version
accessible in the same way as the android one.
The problem I have is not having an android device I cannot see what
has been done on there to make the game work.
the developer is Trese Brothers, and the eMail address is cory.tr...@gmail.com
Thanks to anyone who can be of assistance in making this game accessible.
Richard