On 15 Dec 2013, at 04:38, Ulysses Garcia <birdlover2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If it is Linux-node-related, I heard that the system has had major security
> flaws costing them tons of bit coins. Still, how would someone from Linode be
> smart enough to know what everyone was doing? I have not been hacked because
> I rarely post on the list.

Sorry, your question is really confusing.

I noticed something wrong because my rules were firing constantly, which is
pretty hard to ignore when you're trying to sleep.  All I had to do was look at
the emails, see that they were obviously out of character, read the trace
fields, and find the common thread of email coming from Linode (a cloud/virtual
server provider).  Then I wrote to the Linode abuse desk, including a copy of
one out of every five of the emails with the note to the effect that I'd like
something done about it, and left them to it.  I didn't get back to sleep. :)

Not sure what this bit about bitcoin is.  The only bitcoin harvest I know about
is various online wallets, and also the cryptolocker scourge currently getting
Windows users.

I don't think anybody on the list is in danger, it's just a stupid person
forging the sender.  The sender is how the list manager "Authenticates"
postings.

I hope that helps somehow.

Cheers,
Sabahattin