As there is no audiogmaes.net site for news, I thought I'd let people know this
way.

Pontes backgammon is to my mind one of the best designed traditional games I've
seen in audio, with a really amazing set of features including online play,
lots of language packs, controllable ambience, a tough computer opponent and
various difficulty levels as well as display customization, so I'd advise
anyone interested in a very simple but tactical game to give it a try. It costs
13 euroes for the full gamee. I think this is about 15 usd.

Indeed, when we're talking games with that very simple formula , I first played
backgammon with this program (though have sinse bought a tactile board), and
found it extremely addictive.

Here is the chanegelog for the new version as well as links for downloading it
as posted by the developer to the audiogames.net forum.

A new version of Pontes Backgammon, 1.6, is available.

[b]Changes in version 1.6 (11 May 2014)[/b]

1. Pontes Backgammon can be played also using only the numeric keyboard. (10
September 2012)
- 5 announces current position, 0 takes and puts down a checker, comma removes
a checker, 7 and 1 have the functions of  home and end keys respectively, 2 4 6
8 have the functions of the arrows keys.
2. When playing offline, pressing key Q you can hear the names of the available
partners waiting as host of an online game. (13 September 2012)
- During an offline game, the available partners waiting for clients are
announced automatically periodically if their list changes.
- In Sound Settings You can enable or disable the automatic announcement of
available partners.
3. Added a new ambience. You can choose now to play like in a restaurant on the
beach. (16 December 2010)
4. The typing sound in chat has been changed. It is not heard anymore for each
key pressed by your partner, but constantly while he or she writes. (04 January
2013)
5. By default, wrap navigation is enabled in all menus. Pressing key  W in
menus, the wrap navigation can be enabled or disabled. (21 January 2013)
6. Added support for other sound themes. The default theme is Pontes Backgammon
Modern, a new one. (16 February 2013)
- It is possible to change the theme from Main Menu or pressing Control + F6
during a game. The classic theme is still available.
7. Hungarian language is available. Translated by Tanko Csaba. (26 March 2013)
8. Added the possibility to pause an offline game. Press F2 to pause and Escape
to resume. (27 April 2013)
9. Added a dice game to be played while an offline game is paused. The target
score is 6. See more details reading the Manual. (28 April 2013)
10. Pressing F12 twice quickly, current date is announced. (29 April 2013)
11. Aded a new option in the Main Menu: Information. (29 April 2014)
- It is possible to ask for your number of played games, total points,
positions in score boards.
12. The statistics and scoreboard web pages were updated. (04 May 2014)
- You can see stats and scoreboard for a chosen period of time.
- It is possible to see stats like score between you and a partner.
13. When a player has problems with Internet connection, it is considered an
abandon. (10 May 2014)
14. Added the possibility to send a buzz or various audibles in chat. (10 May
2014)
- Press Control + G to send a buzz, or Control + M to choose an audible.
15. Some sounds were replaced by new others.

     Fixed bugs:
- Fixed an  inconsistence in Windows Registry. Now Pontes Backgammon can be
played also if the user is not an administrator. (22 Octomber 2012)
- Fixed a file writting permission issue. Now the chosen language will be
remembered also if the user is not an administrator. (18 December 2012)
- Fixed an error when choosing the ambience. Pressing key Escape, the ambience
is not changed anymore. (20 January 2013)
- Q key is available also in menus. (02 May 2014)
- Fixed other bugs.

The size of this package is: 13.8 MB.

Read about Pontes Backgammon at www.backgammon.pontes.ro

Read the manual clicking the link below:
http://www.pontes.ro/backgammon/help/index.php
In the manual you can also read about game pad or joystick support.

Download the last version clicking the link below:
http://www.pontes.ro/backgammon/download/Pontes-Backgammon.exe