Hi Tom.

I don't doubt your right, however bare in mind my experience of the classic space invaders was always on consoles like the atari 2600, or very old computers like the bbc micro, I've never actually played the original arcade version. The graphics were never very specific on those, neither is my vision exactly great at instant object identification :D.

i remember being about 4 or 5 and playing the Atari 2600 version, my dad explaining to me how to duck under the shields and fire and calling them alien spaceships, which might or might not have been correct, that's why I always sort of assumed they were spaceships, though it is entirely possible my dad wasn't correct either.

Beware the grue!