From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy Brown
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:06 AM
To: gamers
Subject: [Audyssey] a personal request/challenge

Dear all developers reading the list:

I do not wish to cast stones.  Developing games for blind players is
difficult, time-consuming, and takes a great deal of thankless effort.
 Few it any developers reap much other than the satisfaction of knowing that
their games are played and enjoyed by a grateful community.

That said, I would like to throw an idea out there and see if anyone would
like to bite.

We have a number of Monopolies.

There is at least one Scrabble.

We have Backgammon, chess, card games, Snakes and Ladders, Life, etc.

However, we do not have anything like Risk or other forms of strategy board
game.

I realize that the AI for such a game would be a very difficult proposition,
but, I know, I personally, would be willing to shell out fairly substantial
cash for a decent turn-based strategy game even with simple mechanics like
Risk.

If anyone is willing to pursue such a thing, or else, wants to jump on the
request wagon with me, please do so:)

Thank you all for the work you do to make games for our community, and I
hope that no one takes this as a you guys rock but why don't you get off
your lazy posterior and do my favorite game.  It isn't meant that way.  It's
merely an observation.  The most common games done are
exploration/puzzle/card games.  The ones that go outside this area are often
more arcade style or reproductions of PC games.  If I missed an accessible
strategy game that is turn-based etc, please throw it at me off list and
I'll be happy to retract what I have said and grovel for a day:)

Take care,

Jeremy

--
In the fight between you and the world--back the world! Frank Zapa