Hi Steven,

No, not necessarily. Java accessibility depends on a number of things.
If the application uses Swing components, weather or not your screen
reader supports the Java access bridge, and the version of the Java
access bridge that comes with your Java runtime. I know that the
Windows Java access bridge has not been updated in quite a while so it
is likely to give basic accessibility but there are cases where the
access is broken because Oracle does not seem to overly concerned with
Java accessibility since taking over Java development from Sun. So
upgrading your Java runtime won't give you anything more than you
probably already have.

Cheers!