Hi all,
After purchasing and playing a decent portion of the Inquisitor’s heartbeat, I
have some initial thoughts and impressions.
If you’ve played entombed at all, you’ll be very familiar with the basics of
this game. The game is essentially a series of mazes that you must navigate
through. The objective could be to find the exit, release a prisoner, or avoid
an enemy or hazard. There is no combat in the game. The only non-walking things
you do are pick up items and sometimes release people. Once you’ve finished the
level, the next one loads and your progress is saved automatically. If you fail
a map, get caught, burned, etc., you restart that map from the beginning.
The game does have some creepy backgrounds, especially in some areas, and the
action music when you’re in danger is quite good.
As for replay ability, while I haven’t finished it quite yet, I don’t see there
being much in the main game. To address this, there is an infinite mode, which
generates increasingly complex maps for you to solve.
I’ll let you know more about my thoughts as to the storyline once I finish the
game.
Karl