Something that was thinking about a little while ago, and along the lines of
testing/trying out a few ePub format reading packages on my android phone unit,
the following webpage is sort of what I then converted into a sort of ePub
format interactive fiction eBook:
http://www.blindza.co.za/ePubIF/index.htm

At the very top of that page, you'll also find the link to download the ePub
file itself:
http://www.blindza.co.za/ePubIF/ePub_Interactive_fiction.epub

This is a very small, simplistic version of the sort of originally printed
interactive fiction novelette, but, this was more of a test since not all that
hard to have created/generated the relatively simplistic HTML markup/content,
and then just converted it into ePub format using ePubBud.com website, and
while it's not really blocking you from just reading through all sections, it's
really up to you to use something like the table of contents to actually follow
your choices, etc....<smile>

Let me know what you think of the idea, and if of any interest at all, and this
was really just something that finally got round to experimenting with since
you can use ePub reading software on various platforms of modern smart phones
to sort of work with table of contents, read ePub text format eBooks, easily
enough, etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker