Curious: What the heck is a POV hat? I'm figuring "Point Of" something, but can't come up with the V of the acronym.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game controller question

Hi Jim,

Yes, I'm aware of all that. The thing is the initialization code only
needs to be done once for the controller. It doesn't matter how many
sticks, buttons, and other controls are on it as all of that will be
detected by your initialization of the device. Once it is initialized
all you have to do is use the correct code to acquire information
about the state of the left stick, right stick, POV hat, buttons, etc
while it is in use. In other words you don't have to have two separate
initializations just because there are two sticks on the controller.
You only need one initialization that allows you to gather input from
any button or stick on the device.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you. I do see lots of lines of code that look like they are for the left stick. I'll have to experiment and try to get the right stick working
as well.  You know there is trying to detect it, initialize it, set the
ranges, assign it and then be able to get input from it.

Thank you again.

BFN

     Jim

My joystick is a Saitek ST290 Pro.