Only problem with that is that this could turn new players away, so Liam might not make any money anyway.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 8:52 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] What has happened to Liam?

Hi Lori,

While I do agree Liam needs to get his act together about key
replacements and providing better support for his games I disagree
about him giving them away for free. He put the time and work into
creating them so deserves some compensation for that, and as a fellow
developer can understand why he would be reluctant to just give them
away. That said, I don't really understand why he isn't providing
better support for them.

Yes, I know he does have a real daytime job which would drastically
effect how much free time he has to devoting to supporting his
products. Nobody can fault him for that, but I do think he could
probably manage his free time better. I realize it is easy for me to
say this, but I would think he could devote at least a little time to
L-Works support rather than doing something else with his free time be
it watching TV,playing games, or whatever it is he does in his free
time. It makes me question weather he really cares or not. Perhaps,
though, I am being too harsh. I just don't know enough about why he
isn't offering better support to accurately make a fair judgement
about the situation.

Still, even if he himself doesn't have free time he should be able to
find a trusted friend, relative, or appoint a fellow game developer to
redistribute product keys and help manage the business end of things
of L-Works rather than let things hang. Again, easy for me to say, but
it would potentially be an option to offer his customers something
rather than seemingly ignoring them.

Last of all he could always write or higher someone to write some
automated system which would ideally be the best way to handle
support. The automated system would be available 24/7
and only require minimal oversight. That way he would be free to do
whatever he needed to do while having an automated system overseeing
the business end of the business.

The point being here is I know Liam could probably do something, and
for that reason I don't believe just giving his games away for free is
the right answer. However, he does need to do something as it feels
like a lot of people have been left in the lurch by his lack of
attention to L-Works the last few years.