From: "AudioGames.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audio Game Maker Update (includes first
audioimpression)

Hi,

She's a personal friend who I've known for over twelve years. She's
semi-professional, not doing it for a living but she has got quite some
experience doing English (and Chinese) voice-over work. It's pretty hard to
find a descent and non-expensive English-language voice-over here in
Holland. There aren't that many native speakers who do voice-over work here
and those who do often aren't cheap. But we took Eveline in well
consideration (she isn't a native speaker, which is audible, but for a menu
voice-over her tone of voice and pronunciation were more than descent
enough). Next time I might choose to make it a bit more monotone though, but
I *really really really* love the level of expression. Mind that we didn't
use the non-professional
"oh-let's-have-the-neigbour-do-the-evil-villain"-type of approach - we know
better than that (I teach my students this as one of the main rules of good
game audio design in my game audio design classes).

Greets,

Richard