and then there's the ultimate insult that scots like to bandy around. Toe rag. and I don't mean r.a.g.g as in jazz song. heheh
At 02:24 AM 10/23/2014, you wrote:
Hi Tim.

Your incorrect, the word for cigarettes is fags, f a g s, which in British English is not the least related to the word faggot, anymore than the word man is related to the word mantle.

the definitions have not changed and remain the same, it's just that Americans do not use the same words, indeed I might accuse you! of changing definitions especially in making offensive words which in Britain are not, --- pussy being another example.

Beware the grue!