Hi Charles,

True. Obviously, for people on low income etc it would be better for
them if Microsoft continued releasing updates indefinitely, but do to
the costs of running a software business such a thing isn't really
feasible.

Although, that is one reason I use quite a bit of open source software
such as Linux. Cost isn't really a factor for me. I get an operating
system, screen reader, office suite, and a bunch of other software for
basically the cost of a download and a disc to burn it on. Therefore
the way I see it if someone wants to stay up to date and is on a
limited budget there are options other than Windows if someone is
willing to make the conversion to a less expensive alternative.