Hi.
Same problem here. I just posted a review about this. They don't state in their description that it doesn't work with the iPod, but they also don't say that it does. I don't think they coded it to work with it, maybe we'll find out soon. I have the iPod touch 5 and I have the exact same problem. To dark, it doesn't even play the music intro at all. It is silent for a while, then that thing about the controls pops up, and you can only read like the top 3 lines of it. You can't get to the buttons to select what type of control you want. In fact, it doesn't even show the whole message that asks you to do so, the end of it is chopped off a bit.

I see no reason why it couldn't eventually work with the iPod. It is an audiogame for goodness sakes and the iPod 5 has the same processor as the iPhone 5 or very nearly so.

Cheers, Sent with Thunderbird 24.6.0 portable