this just in from the nvda list, there is an email address in the header, I have told the person to subscribe to the ag forum and this list.
but someone may be able to help.

From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.w...@hotmail.com>
To: "n...@freelists.org" <n...@freelists.org>
Subject: [NVDA] Making a Screen-Reader-Friendly RPG
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 14:36:03 +0930
Sender: nvda-bou...@freelists.org

I recently found a masterpost on Tumblr which gave links to various RPG makers and other free resources. The list was rich in information and I'm hoping to create an RPG based on the novel series I'm writing, so I'm reposting it for my own reference.

The thing is, I have yet to find any game that is screen-reader friendly, or at least NVDA-friendly. Being blind myself, I want the game I make to be playable by me and anyone else who is blind or has such low vision that the images would be of no use to them. I did download a demo for a game at one point, but I couldn't navigate around the opening screen, let alone get anywhere else with it. :(

I'm a Pokémon fan, and have also watched various family members playing an array of video games (okay, I didn't watch them, but you get my drift). I've wanted to be able to play games on my own for years, but the industry seems determined to thwart me. I therefore want to create a game that screen-reader users can play and enjoy. Is this an impossible dream, or will I need a specific program to achieve my long-term goal? Can you recommend anything? Can NVDA be made compatible with RPG games played on the computer in future if it isn't already so with certain types of games?