some information.

historical access preservation project.

http://www.allinaccess.com/happ/

turbobraille for linux.

http://www.hallenbeck.ftml.net/software.html

better than nfbtrans i think.

now we just need someone to modify the dos provox7 screen reader so when you load dosemu provox will talk using espeak then we can use a real dos screen reader. aw heck make provox and espeak work in dosbox also.
provox is the only free open source screen reader for dos.
i want to use a real dos screen reader, and use my old favorites like wordperfect 5.1, lotus123, megadots, all the old dos text games, the dos edit application, q-basic for dos, and more. linux such as TalkingArch could provide a backend for letting dosbox or dosemu access modern devices like usb floppy drives and stuff.