I generally find that it's easier to cut and paste the symbols than it is to
find them on the emogi keyboard, although I'll go that route when necessary.
In most cases, your alliance will have a topic in the forums called uniforms or
something similar.  Simply cut and paste from that message into the keep where
it shows your name, and you're all set.  That way, minimal editing is necessary
to get up and running, and that way too, you can be sure you're not missing any
characters that may be invissible to voiceover, as some groups do have some of
these in their names.