In a nut shell, if developers produce games that potential customers don't like, and those games don't sell, other genres of games will be produced.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Brown" <tyr...@gmail.com>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] psycho strike and responsibility

Dear Aaron,

I agree that most games depict violence in far to cavalier a manner.
I also give you cudos on both the warning labels, and the use of very
gutwrenching and active clues that this is not socially acceptable
behavior during game play.  However, I do think that this sort of
decision needs more justification than everyone else does it.  If game
developers do not take a stand on such issues, then we end up with a
market glutted with games that peddle violence for the sake of unit
sales.  Now, that said, as I pointed out in both the original post
that you are responding to, and in the second post, I'm not
necessarily opposed to violence, but I think the opening sequence and
motivation for the character are what I find dangerous as concepts for
gaming.  I hope to see these same game mechanics ideas and use of
realism and graphic violence used in a more constructive way in
future.  I am merely stating an unease with this release, its method
of delivery, and its content.  You are free as a developer to give the
public what it wants, and if this is what the public wants, they are
free to buy it.  I can buy or not buy, and as I said, vote with my
dollars.  No offense was meant, nor criticism of anything but the
game's kick-off premise.  I think the rest could maybe have been
worked without this initial sequence and it would not have bothered me
one bit.  Take care,

Jeremy

--
In the fight between you and the world--back the world! Frank Zapa