Hi Dark,

Good point. The movement is very important in defining what is
first-person verses side-scroller etc so I do take your point below in
terms of audio games.

Obviously, in a graphical game there is a huge difference between
first-person and third-person perspective. In first-person games like
Doom, for example, all you see is a hand with perhaps a gun in it as
you would if you were actually present. In third-person games you
actually get to see the character on screen as well as other aspects
of the current area from a third-person perspective. It is difficult
to define such a difference from the perspective of audio only so
therefore some other aspect like movement needs to form the basis of
what we mean by first-person.

Cheers!