HI Jim and tom
I also don't like it in the hospital.
The m r I scans that was done on me was scary.
The sounds the machine makes is really scary.
And lying  in  the tunnel made me feel uncomfortable.
I had to go for  an m r I scan 3 years ago because I battle with
hallucinations.
The sounds the machine made sound like heavy metal music.
And  also what I experienced as bad was the x-rays that was  taken of my
wrist and hand when I was 15.
My body didn't produce growing hormones
Thus, since I was 5 years old until the age of 16  I got injections twice a
day to produce growing hormones.
So the x-rays was to determine when to stop the growing hormone medication
so that I do not become a giant.
So what they did: they placed my wrist and hand on the x-ray platform.
They placed my thumb inside my index finger.
That was the most uncomfortable part.
I got a hallucination of a paint brush touching my thumb the moment the lady
placed my thumb inside my index finger. The lady who took the x-rays didn't
explain to me why she place my thumb inside my index finger.
So while she was going to the machine to take the film, I took my thumb out
of my index finger because it felt too uncomfortable. She came back and
again  placed my thumb inside my index finger without saying anything.
So I left my thumb there.
now, I daily  battle with hallucination's of people trying to take x-rays
and the hallucinations happens exactly like it really happened when I was
15.
And also as a kid, lots of blood tests were done on me because of my growing
hormone problem.
So I'm not fond of doctors.