Hi.

I remember a while ago earlier this year someone on this list mentioned the
browser game Drakor. I have now been playing and the game has also got one or
two miner access fixes (noteably for elements that were previously hidden), and
I can highly recommend it.

If you just want to dive in here is the link, (and yes it is my donater link).

 http://www.drakor.com/register/11254-1239

It's a usual fantasy rpg, do quests, wander around, slay monsters, join guildes
with other players etc, however there are some really interesting differences.

first is the battle system. Instead of just minimaxing your gear to hell and
then just hammering the attack button as in most browser games, you actually
have techniques you use. It's almost like a card game,each technique such as a
buff, a damaging attack, poison or healing is a card and takes up one slot, and
you can have a total of ten cards active.

In addition, you have equipment slots for things like shield, armor, weapon,
helmet and the like. You can also get into dungeons and have boss fights, or
have a random monster from the arena challenge you, and you earn items of
different quality and gold which of course you can use to improve your stratogy.

The major thing about the game however is that it has a huge! focus on
resources and crafting. Where battles take your active participation, there are
lots of activities like fishing, mining and gathering that  your character will
do automatically, assuming that she/he has the required level, what you find is
dictated by the area you work in and your skill at the given activity.

One particularly cool thing about these automatic activities however, is that
what you do with what you find is quite different. You can just sell stuff, but
you can also buy patants to create items, so if you want to be a  weapon smith
you need to buy a patant for making a sword, then get the materials and make
it.

There is of course lots of player trading and the like too.

Description wise, while the battles are not overly descriptive, the areas you
go through are, and all the quests and dungeons involve locating a given npc
and talking to them, then doing tasks, there isn't a generic quests board.

I also like the fact that this is a game where you can either play very
actively, or just leave your character to work on his/her own.

Access wise, the game is interesting because it doesn't work by usual text
methods like links and what not, but by on page hotspots, so for example to see
the area your character is in you just click on the "xplore the world" text
near the top of the screen, it's not a link but it'll work.

Same goes for the inventory, particularly note that when you view an item a
little box will pop up with it's stats and buttons for things like equipping it
or selling it, (in supernova this is at the top but it might be elsewhere with
other screen readers).

I admit the game layout does take a bit of learning,  but sinse everything is
there are labeled and it's mostly a case of just clicking text and finding what
is what it should work. Also, I did originally experience a degree of slow down
with the game, but once I ran a malware scan and got Ie working in optimum this
no longer became an issue.

So, hope people will give this one a try particualrly because the dev has been
very nice about the one or two access points (like showing the durability of
items), that have occurred thus far.

All the best,

Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and
wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the
archmaesters of the citadel can dream.