To: "gamers" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 7:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] large print/braille/other media (was audio games,game engine)

Dark,

I think we're actually meaning roughly the same concept, just coming
at it differently.  If I were to write such a beastie, I would want to
be as large and inclusive as possible.  First off, as you point out,
different tastes run to different games.  Also too, if I understood
your original concept correctly, I wouldn't even get into genre of
game, except where it is directly impacting the play experience: i.e.
first person shooter games use audio to denote the location of
enemies, movement through an environment, hazards and landmarks, and
are most often used in action games centered around violent
confrontation.  I'm not contemplating something that would only sing
the praises of the people who contributed.  While that would help a
few people in the short term, it would be less likely to be
distributed, and it wouldn't serve the community as a whole.

Take care,

Jeremy

--
In the fight between you and the world--back the world! Frank Zapa