"I've also thought of approaching the ADP people. Assistive Development Program. I'd go for burning a cd/dvd with the games and a well done read me about gaming for the blind/vi in general.

On 6/20/2015 6:14 PM, dark wrote:
Other than your stratogy involving making nets out of bread, which would probably be an incredibly impressive fiet of baking though I'm not sure it'd catch anything, I totally agree, no point limiting this if this is the plan.

I will also add that producing an electronic copy will cost zippo, while producing a hard print copy will be comparatively inexpensive too as compared to braille, and it's better for the information to be out there in as many forms as possible.

all the best,

Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Brown" <tyr...@gmail.com>
To: "gamers" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2015 10:16 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] braille/large print/other media

Thomas,

Hence the subject heading.  I think you're right.  While we shouldn't
limit such an attempt to just blindness awareness organizations, we
shouldn't limit the message to just braille either.

Eleanor, excellent. That's a good thing to have multiple checks and inputs.

Braille folks: While I personally sympathize with your position, if
this is a serious effort to expand the audio games market, then it
needs to pursue all media we can.  As Dark pointed out, adding an
electronic copy to a document being produced electronically is zero
cost.  Though to some of us who do not have low vision sufficient to
read large print or play games, the idea might seem ludicrous, I'm
sure there are low vision people who probably take advantage of some
audio materials.  Even if they do not now, there are people with
degenerative disorders that might be interested.

The point here, in gaining sponsors, pursuing leads, and casting our
bread on the waters, is to use as wide a net as possible.  We lose
nothing by a little pre-planning and outreach now.  We might gain a
lot.  It's all too easy for this sort of effort to flop if people get
too  territorial or single-minded.

Take care,

Jeremy

--
In the fight between you and the world--back the world! Frank Zapa

-----
No virus found in this message.