Danielle,

Everyone's input is welcome.  My only objection is to the idea of
limiting the message.  With the possible exception of audio, none of
the proposed formats have necessarily been a big expenditure with
volunteer help from the community.  We have at this moment roughly the
following resources:

Dark writing the leaflet

Eleanor and I offering editing and developer support of various sorts.
This also includes Valiant8086 as well though he hasn't spoken
publicly on this topic.

We have had the offer of two operational braille embossers and about
4,000 pages of braille paper for said embossers.  Even if you assume
10 pages/leaflet that's 400 leaflets.

No one has volunteered printer capabilities for a large print edition
yet, that I remember, but I am sure several of us could contribute.

Web site space has been offered by multiple parties for electronic distribution.

Scott has offered to investigate getting cheaper audio copies pressed
in the U.k.

John and some others have volunteered to burn CD's.

For an idea that was only a mere suggestion a little over a week ago,
that's a lot of progress.  We are almost, as you suggested, at the
point of needing to really organize.  However, as Scott pointed out
earlier, we need to thrash out the issues first before we get to that
stage.  By airing concerns and issues now, by having suggestions that
are less workable torn apart now, we save time and wasted effort when
it counts.  In a community effort like this the opinions, criticisms,
and resources of the entire community are important.  Personalities
might clash, but each challenge to an idea makes it firmer and gives
it a better shape.

That said, not every idea that every member contributes is always good
in the form it's submitted in.  Sometimes people misspeak themselves.
Sometimes their idea just isn't workable for reasons they haven't
considered.  Also too, We have to remember that at this point we have
only a nebulous plan.  No plan survives contact with reality.  No
doubt portions of it will have to be modified.  We're just trying to
anticipate those bumps as much as possible.  Thanks for your input,
don't crawl under a rock.  Take care,

Jeremy

--
In the fight between you and the world--back the world! Frank Zapa