how is it stealing? stealing is taking something from someone and once you take it that person no longer has or owns it. example. i take your wallet with money in it, therefore you no longer have the wallet or the money I have it, I stole it from you. now I buy a game. I get the unlock info and setup for the game. so now I have that info and also the developer of the game also has that same info. now I give my unlock code to you. so now you have my unlock code too. should you have it? no. but you do. but wait, the developer of the game still has his game, the source code, and the unlock code that he gave to me. I did not steal anything from him. the only thing i did was the developer lost money because i shared a game. this falls under the category of dishonesty not really stealing. how will we prosecute criminals when the day comes when lets say you have a nice car and I want that car. well stealing is a thing of the past I pull out my duplicator gun, point it at the car hit a button and voila! I have an exact working copy of your vehicle built atom by atom. and I even have your keys! oh but wait you still have your own car and your own keys. I should have paid for the car most that happened was the car dealer lost out on getting my money for something i should have baught rather than coppied. same thing happens if i borrow a book from a friend, read it, and i like it. technically i should have gone out and baught the book for myself so the author lost money because my friend shared his book with me. stealing is taking something so the original owner no longer has that thing. its stolen. this is not stealing its well copying. I think culturally we have to change our terms. pirates, they steal. that is pirates who loot ships and stuff they steal. but could we really call them pirates if they board your ship and duplicate the stuff they want put the copies on their ship and go off? no you still have the originals. and if that day comes even money will no longer have value. in fact if you can just copy everything then nothing has value because everything can be coppied. so we would then have to completely rethink our whole entire world economic system. and this could go on forever so I'll stop here.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

On 7/28/2015 8:46 PM, Charles Rivard wrote:
I would not pirate, because that is stealing.  Period.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Devin Prater" <r.d.t.pra...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Q9 Has a New Home

I'm willing to bet that some cool hacker will make an add-on for NVDA to interface with that Jaws-fetish software that I can't spell. Then buying the thing wouldn't exactly be all that wasteful, although I'd rather pirate it to try it out for 30 minutes or so just to see how mind-numbingly restrictive and basic it is, than buy it, then throw it away.

Sent from my iPhone