Well yeah if you do have a powercut most likely you may have fried something.
if things do not work maybe a good reformat will work.
Seriously if you can afford it especially if you have a desktop get a ups.
I have a couple.
if you are a laptop user try to cycle your battery every couple months and buy an extra. To be honest, having a ups even though that cost me 70 bucks each has saved my ass many times. Another thing I'd get is a serge board that can fit 6 units in, and get as many as there are electronic devices in them. Yes they are 30 bucks or so, yes they cost but again they will save your ass and I can vouch for both bits of kit. Remember to change your ups battery every couple years or so and to have a spare just in case you forget else things will not work well for you.
I had a cheap powerstrip bust on me all of a sudden once.
and I have friends in lightning strike zones.
If the power goes off, if the thing powers up it may be corrupted and we would reformat, works every time. However more than not, you wouldn't get anything and have to replace the power supply and ram chips or worse. This would probably be a good time to tell all well remind all to have good serge protection tech.
An ups or 2 a serge box and a power board or 2 would be ideal.
Failing that, at minimum, a serge board that allows 2 plugs for the power strips and or plugs with auto powercut offs for each unit. And if not, make sure you have 2 backup hdds at least and make sure one of them is always as updated as it can be and keep it offline maybe stored away but close enough for you to get it.