Oh sure they vanished long before - but I was talking about when folks
started officially declaring them gone, which was when (forum user whose
name I can't recall) got them kicked off the net.

From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:06
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] looking for another game please.

Hi John.

Bavisoft vanished  off the map long before their site shut down, indeed the
last I remember anyone hearing from them was in August of 2009, and that was
only a "please don't copy our games", nothing about the game compatibility
problems with newer windows, their future plans or most worrying of all
their lost orders, or why the hell they were persisting in trying to sell
games on cd that could be easily downloaded, indeed as far as I know nobody
recieved a new cd of a Bavisoft title sinse after 2008, and even before then
several orders went missing.

To set the hole matter to rest I tried to even phone Bavisoft myself after I
got hold of the founder's actual new york number through some creative use
of Google, and got what I believe is the American out of order sygnal, which
seems pretty conclusive proof.

Bottom line, Bavisoft seem to have dropped off the map as far as I'm
concerned, and they did so long before their website went bye bye.

Beware the grue!