Well maybe you are playing an alpha version with lots of bugs.
or something.
I have had similar issue this week.
We are now on vdsl and this required a new data connection and a new isp programmed router.
All worked as expected but we had a busted datacable so nothing worked.
Next the wireless extender we had a linksys worked only on dsl so made things go bad as.
A netgear universal was brought but had to be ordered.
Wps wouldn't sync with it so I had to do it manually.
Then there was a firmware update and password and security change for that.
Followed by a complex registration to get online access on netgear with sight and then a reconfig of the silly password they sent meand a few other things.
And all before I go out.
I have 1 maybe 2 jobs in the works, one of which I hope to come back to when I return from vacation. To top it off we had a family party last night and today is the day I need to start to think about packing my bags as well as other things.