I really liked the initial setup with Avalon, the newbie schools, city and history, plus probably the best written enviornment I've seen in any mud, but then I just got stuck. Once I tried starting as a bard and people just said "train this that and the other" and there weren't any quests or things to do, just sit and type train over and over and over again, heck, I had no idea what I was even supposed to be training for. On another occasion I tried out the different professions, with the try out command or whatever, but just got dumped a bunch of skills with no idea how to go forward with anything or what each was about. I did try out mage and killed something and etermined mage wasn't for me because of the heavy preparation, but I didn't really know where or what else to do skills wise, indeed some quests with each profession would've really helped.

Ironically the help didn't help since it went on so long about how much there was to do in avalon, there was actually nothing to do.

Everything seemed so dependent upon interacting with others, there was no way to really start to do it or explore on your own, or even get feeling for really what the heck the game was about.

If the game had been more like the newbie school with quests and history and such that would've rocked, and i suspect there is a fantastic game in there, it just seems very very hard to get into once your past the newbie school.

all the best,