Hi john.

i've been using 7zip as my default zip program for a bout eleven years now, it's great. I do know windows doesn't handle 7z by default, howeve rmy point was that as far as ease of installation and use is concerned, once 7zip is installed, people just need to go to the context menu to use it, you don't even have to run the main program, it's one of the easiest things to use I've seen. Indeed I recently installed it on my lady's computer since some of the options like unzipping several archives to separate folders were ones she wanted not available in windows by default.

All the best,