You need an emulator.
Even when you have one of thes  some games are picky about emulaters so you may
need a few.
And roms are not really legal unless they are licenced as such and not
accessible really unless someone has experience.
All I know is when my friends got these things they spent a while either going
through the security in the rom via instructions in a manual or using a
cracking program to get the game to run.
And then having to get another emulator that had to be hacked into shape to
work.
Its harder than it looks to get things to work.
And even then some emulators don't jell with the system well so I have heard.
Note: this is all second hand info.
If you think you can think of running the game out of the box you are mistaken.
On the best scenario its fiddling around with loads of cfg files.
at worst you are required to match lines of code with other lines of code to
program the security from a manual.
And said matchup can take hours at a time.