If you include statements, you should also integrate some operators (such as
==, &&, ||, !=, <= and >=).
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audio Adventure Creator (AAC) from Gamehawk

I sort of assumed that having at least a conditional operator in the
language would be a necessity, as most interactive fiction puzles (even
those that only use a symple set of commands), seem to involve it somewhere,
and unless I'm going completely on the wrong track, would be needed in
writing the game.
Eg: If player uses the key item on the door, the option "Enter door"  is
added to the list of possible exits from the room.

Assuming I've got this idea right, it might also help if the language could
handle conjunction and disjunction as well, so that it would be possible to
create more complex puzles and situations with more alternatives, such as
being able to use iether the items a lockpick or the door key to open it.

sorry if i'm talking a load of rubbish here, I freely admit I don't know
much about practical programming, though I have studdied formal and
philosophical logic, and from the litle I do know the two things do seem
vaguely related.

Beware the Grue!