I search for what I want in start menu.
in win 10, if you get to the all apps view you can type the letter of the game or program you want and it will appear.

On 1/02/2017 1:43 a.m., Danielle Ledet wrote:
Um, I used to have a desktop and it was cool cuz I was the only one
using it to have all my games icons available on the desktop. Now I
don't have it and would not like to clutter up my desktop on the
laptop. How do I save the games so that they are easily accessible to
me, but not have the icons on the desktop. Where do they go incase
things don't work as expected so I can locate them?