Hi,
Actually, the drm is supposed to restrict premium content files. A huge
mistake for Microsoft I think as anything Vista thinks is premium it
either refuses to play or restricts the quality.
 Why? I have no idea, but MS has become copyright paranoid in their old
age. This is compounded that the music and movie industry is now
influencing the software designs, and we are talking non-programmer
types telling Microsoft how to write it's software.
The drm stuff is still buggy. I have heard horror stories of musicians
and home video enthusiasts being locked out of there home made content
just because the drm screwed up and could not verify the legality of the
content. I imagine MS got some not so suddle complaint's about that one,
but after reinstalling Vista the content in some cases then worked as
the drm finally let it pass.
It is stuff like this is the reason Vista is only going on one of my
systems until I can fully test all of the new drm stuff and see the
reality of how much it effects the every days users life.
I've heard everything Vista is really awesome to it out right sucks and
everything in between. The only way to know is by testing it yourself
and drawing your own conclusions.