Hi Shaun,
As long as XP remains in the tech support cycle at Microsoft most
hardware vender's will offer compatible driver cds either with the
product or for download from the support sites.
I can certainly understand your reservations about Vista, but my
experience has been more appositive than negative.
Those things you are worried about now might be restored or updated in a
future service pack. Hard to say at this point.