  From: Thomas Ward
  To: gamers@audyssey.org
  Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:08 AM
  Subject: [Audyssey] Montezuma's Revenge News

  Montezuma's Revenge News

  3/22/2007

  by Thomas Ward

  Hello gamers,
  A couple of weeks ago we mentioned that we would be putting out a demo
  sometime in the month of April. However, some very recent discussions
  with the test team have revealed a desire to make Montezuma's Revenge as
  close as possible to the original classic Atari game. After some thought
  I have agreed to do this, but it does require some substantial changes
  in the game core to do this.
  When James North set out to create his version of Montezuma's Revenge it
  was not a total authentic clone of the game. There were large
  similarities, most was the same, but some major things were not the
  same. For example, the temple layouts were not at all the same. When I
  took up the project I more-or-less used his layouts and not the classic
  Atari ones.
  Now, though the test team and I have been discussing this, and we are
  beginning to agree that classic temple layouts would be the way to go,
  and that will require some additional time to complete.
  Some other notable changes between James North's version and the classic
  game were the number of keys and doors. In James North's version there
  were four keys and four doors. In the classic there were several blue,
  green, red, and white keys as well as several matching doors. So the
  number of keys and doors will have to be increased to make the game
  more-or-less authentic.
  We know that many of you truly want a copy of this game soon, and we
  have worked hard to put out something as soon as possible. However, we
  also feel the game is based on a classic game, and should imitate the
  classic game as close to the original without too many additional
  changes. So please bare with us a little while longer as we work hard to
  put out an even better version of the game than we already have.
  At this time we now have decided to call off the April release, and we
  do not yet have an idea for another target date for Beta 1. It will
  largely depend on how long it will take us to work on the new temple
  levels and make changes to the game core.