Hi Phil,
Yeah, that would make sense. After all the protections put in place
during the school months when  the students are at Hogworts wouldn't
necessarily be required when the school is supposed to be empty asside
for the ghosts, care taker, and others who live at the castle all year
round.
As I have previously mentioned I think we can assume during the summer
months  the Death Eaters have bigger and better plans than hanging
aroundHogworts when everyone else is pretty much gone.
Also I think you said this takes place after book six. So I think the
Death Eaters probably are getting ready for the end game anyway.