Nice article there.
  I do wish Brian had interviewed some of us developers that are integrating
the mouse into our games, we could have given him a bit of insight as to
what we are doing.
  For instance, he refers to a game being made someday that uses the mouse
in conjunction with the keyboard.  Rail Racer does just this, and cannot be
played well at all without using the keyboard along with the mouse, if the
mouse is the chosen control method.
  As a former avid game player of sighted games, when I started looking into
developing games for the blind, I couldn't understand why the mouse wasn't
used.  I could not find one accessible game that used the mouse, though I
understand there was a demo of some sort out there.
  I have worked out a menu system that uses the mouse exclusively, making
menu selection very fast and efficient.  This menu system will be used in
all my future games after Rail Racer.
  Several of the Racer beta testers still use the keyboard exclusively to
play, and do quite well with it, but I for one much prefer the mouse.  To me
it is the difference between driving and poking at buttons, but to each his
own.
  Anyhow, nice article and my thanks to Brian for taking the time to outline
his thoughts.
 One suggestion though, someone should run a spell checker through that
piece, and check some of the grammar as well, it would make it seem much
more professional.
  Later all,
  Che