Hi Richard,
Wow! Thanks for sending this one along. This indeed is a cool article,
and made me think of mice in games much differently.
The example about the sword got my attention. For a while i have been
trying to think of ways to have cooler light saber effects in my SW FPS
title. Just pressing a  fire key isn't enough.
I did right a test demo of the mouse and a saber which was awesome as I
had awesome control of my swings, worlwind attacks, spins, etc. Problem
was it made my dueling much much better than the enemy AI player.