Hi Nicol,
I can certainly understand your desire to fight voldemort, and I would
be all for it if the main character was Harry Potter. However, I
honestly don't think Sarah would be up to that task of fighting voldemort.
Another thing to remember is voldemort's horcruxes are only known to a
few insiders. most of the magical community knows nothing of them, and
much less have any idea where to find them.
As for the horcruxes by the time Sarah enters the castle Harry has
already destroyed the diary with the Bassilisks tooth in book 2. I am
assuming Dumbledor has disposed of the ring which was another horcrux.
Anyway, the point I am driving at is not all of the horcruxes are in the
castle, and some of them have already ben destroyed. harry and friends
probably won't be coming back to school as they need to find the
horcruxes in book 7.