Hello David. My name is Raul Gallegos and I'm one of the co-moderators of
the Audyssey gaming list. I'm glad you joined us and please do accept my
apology for not approving your message right away. It's been hectic these
last few days and I'm just now getting around to reading email since
Thursday or Friday. Now on to your question.

I like Text adventure games, or Interactive Fiction as they are now better
known as. My favorite current interpraters are the Adrift and the TADS
games. I still play many of the Zcode games, but it seems the more
interesting ones are from Adrift and TADS.

I've also gotten into learning Adrift myself and am in the process of
writing around 3 different games. One is an adult interactive fiction, the
second one is of a more general adventure, and the third one is where the
player is a blind character.

As far as replayability goes, I tend to have puzzles which are part of my
games, but not necessary to complete the game. For example, this gives the
player a reason to keep playing. He or she may finish the game but not get
all total points or all objects or rewards. To make them accessable is not
too difficult as long as, like you already mentioned, the graphics are
either kept at a minimum, or there is an alternative way of enjoying what
the graphics provide. In other words, if the graphic shows a picture
containing some code which the player would need to see to get past a
certain puzzle, then it's useless to a blind person. But if the graphic is
there for entertainment and there is perhaps another way of getting the clue
you need to get past the puzzle, then why not have the graphic?

Hope this helps.