Hi Damian.

to be honest, all the examples I've seen of these types of things came with
a book, which was just a list of information that you then had to look up
and enter into the game.

for example, for secret of monkey island, You'd get a list of pirates and
what date they were hung (about 300 pirates I think), and before starting,
the game would ask you for the date of one pirate's hanging. the problem
was, firstly there were such things as photocopiers (this was back in the
generally pre-internet days), and also the games could stil be cracked.

One of the most amusing cracks I saw was of the stratogy war game dune 2,
where somebody from whatever house you were playing as would ask you for
some technical speks about dune machinary, again, all contained in the
accompanying booklet. One cracfk I saw however, had inserted a rather
interesting password thus:

Harconan commander: "We have a traitor in our midst! you must prove yourself
worthy to command the forces of our noble house, or be destroyed. Now answer
fool! what is the length of the base of a harconan standard issue wind trap
element?"

player types: "bleep off" (obviously not bleep).

Harconan leader: "Ah! I see you are worthy of representing our noble house,
and are no traitor"

Lol!

while it's an interesting idea, I don't think in these days of freely
available info on the net it would precisely work, ----- even without quite
entertaining hacks.

Beware the grue!

Dark.----- Original Message -----