Hi che, this is something that actually came up recentlyfor me as well,
sinse I managed to find a group of friends playing the game.

As you probably know, there's the system reference document,
http://srd.plush.org/ but that's more in the matter of a lot of lists for
archive purposes than actual rules, and when I joined the game I had to ask
the Gm to go through the character creation process with me, as I totally
lacked all the rules for it.

Unfortunately, Wizards of the coast seem to be most draconian about putting
rules online, this is a particular pest sinse back in the late 90's, they
did actually release a Cd rom with Ms word coppies of all the player's hand
books (which i bought and used to play the game a bit).

However, when third edition came out and I wrote a letter to Wizards of the
coast asking whether they'd considder producing accessible digital copies of
the rule books I was simply told "We have no plans to publish digital copies
of our books" with nothing stated about accessibility.

I do wonder though, sinse D&D is an obviously highly accessible game, if
it'd be worth us contacting wizards in a more formal, game-accessibility
related sense, ------ especially as the chances of getting role play books
brailled here in the Uk is less than zero, but that's another topic.

Beware the Grue!