Remember that there are unit-specific shortcut key pairs that go
across the keyboard:
e/d peasants/idle peasants
r/f footman/idlefootman
t/g archer/idle archer
y knight
u catapult
i dragon
o mage

I think there are idle counterparts for the unpaired keys as well,
but I've never used them.  Remember also that adding ctrl to any of
these selects all units of that type, example: ctrl-e chooses all
peasants.  s selects all military units (9other than peasants) in the
current square, and ctrl-s chooses all soldiers.  Finally
ctrl-shift-s chooses all units for that last stand.

         Christopher Bartlett