Hi Mich,
Microsoft Sam is a Sapi 5 complient voice. So you have at least one Sapi
voice installed. Honestly, short of a reinstall of XP I am at a total
loss as to what is wrong with things on your end which is quite frustrating.
Do you have any of my other games like STFC, or do you have Che's Rail
Racer? If so how do they work on your system?