From: "Thomas Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:22 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Randomising Montezuma's Revenge.

Hi all,
I know this has been a topic of interest of late so I thought I would
put this out here under it's own topic in the hopes of generating an
informative discussion that will aid in making Monty a better game for all.
 From what I have read here allot of folks are interested in some
randomisation in the game. As I have pointed out the original game had
no randomisation, but that doesn't mean though that some randomisation
can't be added.
For example, allot of gamers are interested in randomising where the
monsters and treasures are. For technical reasons I am not prepared at
this point to rewrite a large part of the 1.0 engine to add this kind of
randomisation.
However, I do have an alternative that perhaps some of you might be
satisfied with. There are allot of treasures, weapons, etc laying around
the temples. One way of randomising the game is simply by randomising
how many gems, gold coins, and swords are on that particular level. You
might play one game and only find two swords on level 1, and in the next
find 4 or 5 swords. That would drastically change your score as well as
how many weapons you have to use against your enemies.
I've also looked at when placing a monster in a room rather than
statically plae it's starting location randomly placing it in the room
so that where it starts is different, and sometimes monsters will be
closer together in one game, but fara apart in the next. While at the
same time keeping the originalaty of the game, by still having the
monsters in the rooms they are suppose to be in.
What do you all think?